[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Problem with designer "losing" newline characters in Script Tasks

Andy McC do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 11 12:11:52 EDT 2013

Andy McC [https://community.jboss.org/people/andymcc] created the discussion

"Problem with designer "losing" newline characters in Script Tasks"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/807803#807803

My set up: jBPM-5.4.0.Final, Windows 7 & 8.

I have implemented a multi-line Java script in a Script Task using the default Eclipse tooling.

When I deploy it in Guvnor and edit using Designer the script at first appears OK but on a second edit all the lines have been concatentated into a single statement.

As my original script started with a comment line (which the old Eclipse tooling did by default), this resulted in the whole line being treated as a comment and my task not building/running correctly.

Is this a known feature/bug? Is there a work around? (It sounds a bit like a windows/unix end of line issue).

Many thanks

Andy McC