[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Re: Problem with number of database connections (Oracle)

Michal Rorat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 18 09:48:27 EDT 2013

Michal Rorat [https://community.jboss.org/people/michal_rorat] created the discussion

"Re: Problem with number of database connections (Oracle)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/809083#809083

I know this thread is really, really old but I can still see a lot of activity so people are probably still having problems like I had.

So, the solution is: always check your MDB configuration! because even with missing or invalid value in maxSession JBoss will create by default 20 connections!
@ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "maxSession", propertyValue="3")

We were setting this value automatically during build and deployment process and maxSession configuration for one MDB got missing.

I would expect to see some warning or even error when JBoss can't parse maxSession value to integer but it fails silently instead.

Hope this helps, and sorry for late solution.

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]