[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: SignalEvent issue in jBPMConsole

Andrea Carpineti do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 22 04:48:23 EDT 2013

Andrea Carpineti [https://community.jboss.org/people/acarpine] created the discussion

"Re: SignalEvent issue in jBPMConsole"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/809510#809510

> Maciej Swiderski wrote:
>
> Alright, took a look at your case and first thing that brought my attention is - why you use script task to signal other process instances?

I use the jBPM Designer 2.4.0 Final and I use the script task when I want to send a signal to a specific pid because. For ex to send a signal from/to the same process instance my script will be something like:

> long dest = ((java.lang.Long) kcontext.getProcessInstance().getId()).longValue();
> org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl sps = (org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl) kcontext.getKnowledgeRuntime();
> sps.signalEvent("MYSIGNALREF", "", dest);

What's the right way to do this with the default throw signal in the jBPM Designer (embedded in Drools)?

thanks,
--ac