[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Simple process with WorkItemHandler doesn't end

Jim B do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 24 16:42:33 EDT 2013

Jim B [https://community.jboss.org/people/jamesbeam] created the discussion

"Simple process with WorkItemHandler doesn't end"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810118#810118

Using jBPM 5.4 with persistence (Hibernate 4, and JPA2) I have a 4 node process:

*start*->*MyWorkItemHandler*->*Script* (System.out.println("done") ->(terminating) *end*.

The only thing my workItemhandler does is complete the workitem.   workItemManager.completeWorkItem(workItem.getId(),null);

The process starts, and the workitem handler completes.  I get the "done" printed on the screen.  I see in the NodeInstanceLog that my terminating end node is reached and completed (type=1).  I also set up a ProcessEventlistener and see that the afterProcessCompleted() gets called with the processID I'm expecting.

HOWEVER, my process is never marked as completed in the ProcessInstanceLog (Status = 0);

Has anyone seen this?  Does anyone have any thoughts as to what is going on?  A bug?

Thanks,

-J