[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM5 - Can't Scale, Won't Scale

Carsten Lichy-Bittendorf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 29 04:17:25 EDT 2013

Carsten Lichy-Bittendorf [https://community.jboss.org/people/clichybi] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM5 - Can't Scale, Won't Scale"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810714#810714

Hi Kris,

but what is about large enterprise usage, where were a singleton session can't handle the load any more?
I'm thinking of processes with thousands of instances getting processed massive in parallel, whereby long waiting ,e.g. for human interaction, is an "execptional" flow.
I have seen these scenarios e.g. in month/quarter/year-end calcuations, when the same process get started on every account/costcenter/stock-item/etc.

I would be very helpful to get a blue-print (incl. quickstarts, etc.) as documentation how to setup large high available and scalable environment.

Cheers,

Carsten