[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How to know who has started a process?

Andy McC do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 30 11:30:17 EDT 2013

Andy McC [https://community.jboss.org/people/andymcc] created the discussion

"Re: How to know who has started a process?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810978#810978

Thanks Mauricio - that's useful but my question probably wasn't clear enough.

What I'm trying to do is access the currently logged-in user Id, without having to ask that user to enter it via a form every time they start a task. I was hoping I could add a script task to my process and from that use a method call of some kind (e.g .via kcontext) to access an Id field or similar. I guess that's what you're suggesting I could do using the ProcessInstanceLog link, but for various reasons I'm constrained to use the 5.4.0.Final tooling so I'm not sure I can exploit the Console NG developments.

Where possible I'm trying to develop and deploy entirely from Drools-Guvnor and jbpm-console.

It may be that I fall into a particular class of jBPM user who is more heavily biased to the BPMN-side of things and I'll confess that I don't have a background in enterprise apps, so I'm climbing several steep learning curves every day! I'm heavily reliant on Drools-Guvnor for building and deployment my stuff with some modest Java API calls contained within Script tasks.

I can imagine that other users in my class would find it useful if the jbpm-console could automatically create, on start-up, a process global (e.g. processStartInfo?)  with some key fields similar to the ones you've linked to (e.g. initiator id, date/time etc). Do you think this is this a sufficiently common requirement that it would be worth me submitting a Jira request?

Thanks again for getting back,

Andy McC