[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Error starting process instance - getting HTTP 500: Unknown error

Senthil Sathiya do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 2 15:58:15 EDT 2013

Senthil Sathiya [https://community.jboss.org/people/skumar0105] created the discussion

"Re: Error starting process instance - getting  HTTP 500: Unknown error"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831217#831217

Hi Maciej,

Thanks for your reply. I went through the documentation and followed the steps . First , created a sampleprocess.bpmn with - start --->  task (CustomHandler) -> and end event .

2) Wrote a CustomHandler.java workItem handler class

package com.sample.bpmn.project;

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import org.drools.runtime.process.WorkItemHandler;
import org.drools.runtime.process.WorkItem;
import org.drools.runtime.process.WorkItemManager;

public class CustomHandler implements WorkItemHandler {
   static Logger log = Logger.getLogger(
            CustomHandler.class.getName());

    //@Override

    public void abortWorkItem(WorkItem workItem, WorkItemManager manager) {
        // extract parameters
      System.out.println("aborting *****");
    }

    //@Override

    public void executeWorkItem(WorkItem workItem, WorkItemManager manager) {

       System.out.println("The custom work handler is successfully invoked");
       log.info("The custom work handler is successfully invoked");
       manager.completeWorkItem(workItem.getId(), null);

    }

}

and packaged it into a .jar and  copied it into ..\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\deployments\jbpm-gwt-console-server.war\WEB-INF\lib\  and ..\jbpm-installer\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\lib directories.

3) In guvnor, created a workitem defintion CustomWorkItemHandler ( Not sure if this is required )

import org.drools.process.core.datatype.impl.type.ObjectDataType;
import org.drools.process.core.datatype.impl.type.StringDataType;

[

  [
    "name" : "CustomHandler",
    "parameters" : [
        "MyFirstParam" : new StringDataType(),
        "MySecondParam" : new StringDataType(),
        "MyThirdParam" : new ObjectDataType()
    ],
    "results" : [
        "Result" : new ObjectDataType()
    ],
    "displayName" : "CustomHandler",
    "icon" : "",
  ]

]

Successfully packaged and deployed the sampleprocess and wid into the GWT console server via guvnor.

4) Modified the CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf file and added the following entry

[
  "Log": new org.jbpm.process.instance.impl.demo.SystemOutWorkItemHandler(),
"CustomHandler": new com.sample.bpmn.project.CustomHandler(),
]

5) Restarted the server . I was able to see the SampleProcess in the webconsole , but when I tried to start it , blew up again with the same error message .

I am really frustrated  :(  , not sure what I am missing here. . Any help would be highly appreciated .

Thanks

Senthil