[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Human Task Email Notifications

Raj A do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 6 04:29:26 EDT 2013

Raj A [https://community.jboss.org/people/mranraj] created the discussion

"Human Task Email Notifications"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831545#831545

Hi There,

I have been struggling with the email notifications in human task.

1. When a task is created, I want to send an automated email notification to the user. I don’t want to do it from my java code and wanted to use the human task to accomplish this.

2. From the documentation I understood that I can use the task’s notifications property to configure this.

a. If I want to send notification immediately is there any other way to do this instead of Type (I.e. not-started) + expires At (I.e. 1m) combination? As I read in V3 documentation “notify= true” property.

b. Notifications takes the ‘user’ as input for the FROM and TO columns instead of email address. This brings me to my next questions how to map USER/organizationalentity with email address. Please advice how to accomplish this with mySql instead of property files.

Finally, is V 5.4 is production ready? did anybody used it production environment?

Thank you.
Raj