[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Can I configure JMS XA Recovery for use with Amazon EC2 auto-scaling in EAP 5.1.2?

Stanley Tso do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 22 10:52:13 EDT 2013

Stanley Tso [https://community.jboss.org/people/stso0001] created the discussion

"Re: Can I configure JMS XA Recovery for use with Amazon EC2 auto-scaling in EAP 5.1.2?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833571#833571

After playing with the configuration files and testing, I have decided not to use EC2 auto-scaling with my JMS tier under JBoss EAP 5.1.2.

Let's say that a new JBoss JMS node comes online using auto-scaling.  What does it take to get this new node visible to the rest of the JMS cluster?  Based on the documentation for JMS, it appears that I would have to modify several configuration files across all nodes to make this happen.  I would then have to restart those nodes because the file '*jbossts-properties.xml*' is statically loaded at startup and is not hot-deployable.  That would defeat the purpose of bringing a new node online which is to increase capacity.  It looks like my team is going to establish a separately managed JMS tier running only queues, topics, connection factories, etc., and put any application logic on auto-scaled JBoss app server nodes hosted outside of the queues, topics, etc.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]