[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Perform DB operations from Workflow

pns do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 2 12:49:54 EST 2013

pns [https://community.jboss.org/people/pns] created the discussion

"Perform DB operations from Workflow"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/795770#795770

We have implemented JBPM Workflow in our application and is integrated with Spring MVC. Now we are planning to handle all the Workflow related DB operations from within the Workflow. We thought of two options.

1) Define Script Task for invoking the DAO class to do the DB operations from the Workflow
2) Define custom Service Task and invoke the DAO from the WorkItemHandler corresponding to the Service Task.

We would like to get the opinion on this design approach to keep the Workflow related DB operations inside the Workflow, and also on the above two options. Which would be the right approach?
If we go with the second one of having a Service Task, then we need to generalize the WorkItemHandler to be used in many situations, which would be slightly tricky.

We would like to get the suggestion from JBPM experts.
Thanks in advance...