[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Not able to start a process through the Java API

Jose Miguel Loor do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 8 14:57:56 EST 2013

Jose Miguel Loor [https://community.jboss.org/people/jmiguel77] created the discussion

"Re: Not able to start a process through the Java API"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/796824#796824

Hi Maciej

Thanks for the answer. I found this article:

 https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_BRMS_Platform/5/html/BRMS_Business_Process_Management_Guide/Configure_the_Engine_to_use_Persistence.html https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_BRMS_Platform/5/html/BRMS_Business_Process_Management_Guide/Configure_the_Engine_to_use_Persistence.html

As you said, i had to create a persistent session in order to store the data in the database, and as you said, the process started and ended at once.

So, i am asuming that i have to register other Handlers for the *Human Task*; but the bottom line is this:

* It seems to me that my application is doing the job that the server should be doing; i am connecting to the database and the guvnor repository, and persisting all needed data; wich i think is the jbpm's server job
* I had to add a bunch of jars to my app; this might not be meaninful for a desktop application, but in a web application i think they are excessive. True enough, they would not be necessary if the application is deployed in the same server as the brms server, but what if it doesn't ?? In this case, some of those jars are already present in the jboss server, but still, my web app has to deal with the database persistence of the jbpm data, wich, again, i think it is a job for the jbpm server. Am i wrong ??

Finally, the brms server provides a REST api to interact with the server. For a web app, could this be a more feasible solution ??

And again, this approach presents problems by itself. In order to use the REST api with an external java client, i have to change the login-method of the bussiness-central-server, from FORM to BASIC. With this change, i can consume the REST api ok, but the business-central gui, in the brms server, stops working. Any recomendation about this ???

Thanks a lot