[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Implementing "Where Is the Process Now" feature

Anindya Saha do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 11 23:32:26 EST 2013

Anindya Saha [https://community.jboss.org/people/anindyas79] created the discussion

"Implementing "Where Is the Process Now" feature"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797161#797161

Our customer a major financial giant wants a "Where Is the Process Now" feature as is available in some of the BPM products. I have looked at the GraphViewerPluginImpl.java and ProcessActivityPluginImpl.java of jbpm-gwt-graph project and got some idea on how to get the diagram of a process on the fly and also overlay a red arrow .jpg file on the active node to signify the current state of the process pictorially. I followed this http://www.simplethoughtsonline.com/2012/09/displaying-jbpm-diagram-of-current.html

However, I also looked at the simulation video here http://kverlaen.blogspot.be/2012/11/jbpm-54-released.html  (http://kverlaen.blogspot.be/2012/11/jbpm-54-released.html) The way the path is tracked in the simulation is actually nice and we want to implement soething like that by showing the process and highlighting the path the process has taken till now.

Any thoughts on how could it be done elegantly?

With regards
Anindya