[jboss-user] [jBPM] - UserManagement in jBPM 5.3.0

stundzig do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 12 12:43:37 EST 2013

stundzig [https://community.jboss.org/people/stundzig] created the discussion

"UserManagement in jBPM 5.3.0"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797313#797313

Hi folks,

i've installed the BRMS 5.3.0 on EAP 6. But since its based on jBPM 5.3.0 i hope I can get some help here. The Redhat support form doesnt accept my message.  :(

My simple question is: What is the correct way to configure user management for the REST API and the UserGroupCallBack?

I've setup the brms-roles/users.properties in jboss-as/server/default/conf and also the login-config.xml. Now I can login to the REST API and also to the business-central-server Web application.

But if i use for e.g. the user management REST API with:

 http://localhost:8080/business-central-server/rs/identity/user/somebody/groups http://localhost:8080/business-central-server/rs/identity/user/somebody/groups

I got always returned 'admins' as group. The username is ignored. I've tracked down this to the org.jbpm.integration.console.UserManagement class with the following implementation:

    public List<String> getGroupsForActor(String actorId) {
        // TODO: fixme
        List<String> result = new ArrayList<String>();
        result.add("admins");
        return result;
    }

How could I configure a UserManagement, which uses for e.g. the brms login-config? I couldn't find something in the BRMS Administration Guide, Getting Started Guided and in the jbpm forum.

And the same is for the userGroupCallBack in the jbpm-human-task.war. I would like do have an implementation which is based on the jaas config. Does anybody have some code, samples, docs about it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
   Steffen....