[jboss-user] [jBPM] - create a new boundary event

Rafael Soledade do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 26 13:54:31 EST 2013

Rafael Soledade [https://community.jboss.org/people/rafaelsoledadem] created the discussion

"create a new boundary event"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/799704#799704

Hi guys,

I want to implement a timeout event for one of my processes. I saw an example where there's a boundaryEvent -> Script -> End flow integrated in the main flow .bpmn (it's not connected to any other process), and basically it sets a timer cycle attached to some reference, which expires after a while (in my specific case, I want to force abortion of the task if it's not completed after 6 hours). Here's the bit of code of the example I downloaded:

    <boundaryEvent id="_4" name="TimerEvent" attachedToRef="_7" >
      <timerEventDefinition>
        <timeCycle xsi:type="tFormalExpression">500ms</timeCycle>
      </timerEventDefinition>
    </boundaryEvent>

When trying to implement this in my actual project, I noticed there was no editor in the eclipse .bpmn interface for setting up boundary event, only intermediateCatchEvent. When I changed the .bpmn file code, it doesn't save my custom boundary event, it just overwrites it. So my question is, how can I set a boundary event in jbpm5.4 using Eclipse?

Cheers