[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: Problems using the @RemoteHome annotation for backward compatibility

Mike Miller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 28 11:04:31 EST 2013

Mike Miller [https://community.jboss.org/people/mikemil] created the discussion

"Re: Problems using the @RemoteHome annotation for backward compatibility"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800109#800109

Okay,

I am going to answer my own question.  Between the JBoss EJB3 tutorials download/classes and the following https://blogs.oracle.com/enterprisetechtips/entry/ejb_3_0_compatibility_and#saks  blog posting, I was able to get my EJB 2.1 system to talk to the new EJB3.0 system.  Below are the hints/changes I had to make from above:

1. I deleted the KeyManagementServiceRemote interface and replace any references to it with references to KeyManagementService, which is my EJB3.0 remote business interface.
2. Add the @RemoteHomeBinding annotation to my service bean class (I think this was big) - so that now the home is bound to the (correct) name that the rest of the system uses by convention.

This appears to be working the way is should.  The samples are generally pretty good, but our usage tends to be different because we can't always use the annotations, which help resolve some of these problems.  We have to go thru the JNDI lookup in some cases because we may be retrieving the service from a different server than where the ejb client is currently running on.  In this case, we were running on and old ejb 2.1 instance (Store) and need to retrieve data from the newer, ejb 3.0 Central Server - and no guarantees about when either the Central or Store servers would be upgraded.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]