[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Feature request:Add an interface to allow end-user to have a second chance to create a normal database connection after failling to get connection because of database password error

Yaguo Zhou do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 4 23:24:34 EST 2013

Yaguo Zhou [https://community.jboss.org/people/zhouyaguo] created the discussion

"Feature request:Add an interface to allow end-user to have a second chance to create a normal database connection after failling to get connection because of database password error"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787799#787799

hi:
When an application can't get a database connection through jca layer due to database password error, it's better to add an extension point in IronJacamar's datasource implementation to allow user's program to "implements". user can get the correct password from another server(our own server which stores the correct password), and then get and return a normal database connection to IronJacamar. This solution's advantage is that we can avoid restarting jboss application server when database password is changed.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]