[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Jboss EE 6 EAR archetype, problem with EAR/lib

shay1680 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 7 20:52:14 EST 2013

shay1680 [https://community.jboss.org/people/shay1680] created the discussion

"Re: Jboss EE 6 EAR archetype, problem with EAR/lib"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789149#789149

I have attched a few files to the thread:

1) A screenshot of the wizard that appears when i click on the "Java EE project" on the jboss central tab. In the description box you can see "Project based on the null:null:null Maven archetype"  when the wizard is done no project is created.
2) A zip file containing the all the auto generated maven and eclipse files , after using the jboss-ee-6-web-ear 7.1.2 archetype  (test-ear)
3)A zip file containing the all the auto generated maven and eclipse files , after using the multi-javaee6-archetype from   http://open-archetypes.github.com/maven-repo/snapshots/ http://open-archetypes.github.com/maven-repo/snapshots/  (test2)

In both of the projects 2,3 I added a lightweight depndency to the ear maven (flexjson), when I try to use classes from flexjson in the ejb project, eclipse cannot resolve them.

Only when i  specifically add the jars from EAR/lib to the ejb using the "build path" option of eclipse it fins those classes.

Using mvn from command line works without any issues , so i assume this might be an issue with how eclispe handles the maven files.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]