[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Deployment to Remote Server

Kermit Tensmeyer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 9 13:35:05 EST 2013

Kermit Tensmeyer [https://community.jboss.org/people/ktensmeyer] created the discussion

"Deployment to Remote Server"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789802#789802

yep, rank newbie..

 I trying to configure a server to target deploy.   I select a new server, and I find that I must have a local server installation.

 I install to local filesystem. I have a local JBoss 7.1 Runtime instance (which uses the standalone.xml in the standalone configuration directory)

The server that I need to deploy to, is on a remote (in the lab)  cluster instance.  The local file (which must be in the standalone/configuration directory) is a copy of the domain.xml file.

 The managment interface for this instance is  (from host.xml):

 <management-interfaces>
            <native-interface security-realm="ManagementRealm">
                <socket interface="management" port="${jboss.management.native.port:9899}"/>
            </native-interface>
            <http-interface security-realm="ManagementRealm">
                <socket interface="management" port="${jboss.management.http.port:9890}"/>
            </http-interface>
  </management-interfaces>

Is there a way to tell the configuration file for the Jboss Tools  how to connect to the remote server?

 2nd Question. (to which I really should RTFM) is there a standard way to repackage the WAR file and correctly deploy into the cluster via the Manglement interface as driven by Eclipse?

    ktensmeyer

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]