[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Java EE Application Structure for 'always on' data gathering

Matthew Bellinger do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 11 20:03:25 EST 2013

Matthew Bellinger [https://community.jboss.org/people/mbelling] created the discussion

"Re: Java EE Application Structure for 'always on' data gathering"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/790536#790536

Hi Joe,

To add more detail: I will be receiving seperate xml data types over several JMS connections.  By always on, I mean that I will constantly be connected to and listening on the JMS connections for messages. Those messages will get distibuted to different modules for processing, and the results from each module will be cached/stored and updates will be sent to connected clients.  The cache/storage will be there for any new client that connects, which will need the full 'state'.

I am an experienced Java developer, but up to this point I have only been doing JSVC and Apache Felix OSGi processes.  I am unfamiliar with Java EE, and am not even sure if my 'problem' fits in the Java EE solution set.  I was given this task and told that I have 'free reign' to look in to new technologies that would facilitate high data load, clustering, high availability, etc.  Hence my questions here.  :)

Thank you for any insight you may provide,
~Matt

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]