[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM Runtime

John Lewis do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 16 09:38:30 EST 2013

John Lewis [https://community.jboss.org/people/john0945] created the discussion

"jBPM Runtime"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792357#792357

Hi all

Just a tip I discovered.

When installing jBPM 5 using the installer, everything worked fine, until I tried opening Eclipse directly, using the .exe. I did this so I could write my own programs without having to launch from the command prompt using "ant start.demo" every time. Also, I didn't want to launch unnecessary content.

Launching Eclipse like this removed the jBPM runtime from settings, and so any import org.drools... line didn't work.

I fixed this by going to the menu Window, then Preferences, treeing jBPM, and adding a new runtime that pointed to the runtime folder within the jBPM folder the installer extracted to. This solved it.

Hope it helps.