[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - SQLException encountered while trying to use a DB connection

mou_gc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 18 00:20:27 EST 2013

mou_gc [https://community.jboss.org/people/mou_gc] created the discussion

"SQLException encountered while trying to use a DB connection"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792713#792713

Hi all,

We have configured a read datasource in our JBOSS 4.2.3 AS, for reading from one of the tables in the Oracle 10g DB of our application. In the business logic of our application, first, we create a Query Object, which has a Connection object as its component variable. This Connection object is initialised by obtaining a conncetion from the mentioned data source. In the next step, we try to do a read from the DB, and this read uses the stored connection object to execute the query.

Initially, this logic was not working and we received error messages like "Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Connection is not associated with a managed connection.org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.jdk5.WrappedConnectionJDK5 at 6acfc9" in our application log and "Closing a connection for you" in the server.log. After going through the link -  https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-9325 https://community.jboss.org/wiki/ConfigCachedConnectionManager, we set SpecCompliant as true in jbossjca-service.xml, to resolve this issue, although we didn't turn off debugging. This made things to work in our dev set up, but in the production servers, almost all the times it fails. We still see the exception -
 java.sql.SQLException: Connection is not associated with a managed connection.org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.jdk5.WrappedConnectionJDK5 at 37408cb8

Can anybody help us to understand if there is any timeout for connections or if any additional configuration change is needed? Thanks in advance.
(Attaching the ds xml file)
Mou

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]