[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Group Assignment

roxy1987 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 18 14:29:44 EST 2013

roxy1987 [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Group Assignment"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792845#792845

Hi,

I tried assigning task to a group. EVerything is good except a couple of issues i am having.

a) When we retrieve a taskSummary object for a group task, we can get to know its userid provided it is not a group task but in case it is a group task, how do we get its group ID? Since a user might be part of various groups, so it becomes important to know to which group the task was assigned.

b) Secondly, I am able to retrieve the task but when I try to claim it, I get the following permission exception :

 org.jbpm.task.service.PermissionDeniedException: User '[User:'mary']' does not have permissions to execution operation 'Claim' on task id 1

 public static void claimTask(long taskId, String userId)
{
 connect();
 BlockingTaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler = new BlockingTaskOperationResponseHandler();
 try
 {
 // client.release(taskId, "Administrator", responseHandler);
  client.claim(taskId, userId, responseHandler);
  responseHandler.waitTillDone(5000);
 }
 catch(Exception e)
 {
  CustomExceptionHandler.handleException(e);
 }
}

 The code looks like above. I tried to release it from Administrator's queue too. but it did not work may be coz the task is in ready state until it is claimed.

Regards.