[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Completing a human task with results

Gareth Edwards do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 23 04:28:13 EST 2013

Gareth Edwards [https://community.jboss.org/people/garethed] created the discussion

"Completing a human task with results"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/793717#793717

Hi,

I can complete a human task using the TaskClient  like so:

ContentData contentData = ContentMarshallerHelper.marshal(content,  null);
        BlockingTaskOperationResponseHandler taskResponseHandler = new BlockingTaskOperationResponseHandler();

        client.complete(taskId, userId, contentData, taskResponseHandler);

        taskResponseHandler.waitTillDone(2000);

But how can I complete a task a get a result?

The TaskClient API has two complete methods:

 *http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/javadocs/org/jbpm/task/service/TaskClient.html#complete(long, java.lang.String, org.jbpm.task.service.ContentData, org.jbpm.task.service.TaskClientHandler.TaskOperationResponseHandler) complete*(long taskId,  http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true String userId,  http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/javadocs/org/jbpm/task/service/ContentData.html ContentData outputData, http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/javadocs/org/jbpm/task/service/TaskClientHandler.TaskOperationResponseHandler.html TaskClientHandler.TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler)

and
 *http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/javadocs/org/jbpm/task/service/TaskClient.html#completeWithResults(long, java.lang.String, java.lang.Object, org.jbpm.task.service.TaskClientHandler.TaskOperationResponseHandler) completeWithResults*(long taskId,  http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/String.html?is-external=true String userId,  http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/Object.html?is-external=true Object results, http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/javadocs/org/jbpm/task/service/TaskClientHandler.TaskOperationResponseHandler.html TaskClientHandler.TaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler)

I am using the first method as I need to pass in data on completion.
The second method appears to return results on completion but doesn't allow for passing in of content data.
How can I complete a human task with content data and get back a result?

Thanks in advance,

Gareth.