[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - About the Quickstarts

James Freitas do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 27 11:20:05 EST 2013

James Freitas [https://community.jboss.org/people/jamesfrj] created the discussion

"About the Quickstarts"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794459#794459

Hello, everybody!!

I am a totally newbie at JBoss Development.  I have tested all the Quickstarts (HelloWorld, Login, NumberGuess, etc) and they have worked fine, but I would like to take the next step!

I mean, I would like initially to create these applications from the scratch, but I am not sure how to do it.

For instance I was trying to create a HelloWorld application by my own hands, but what Project should I create ?  When I use  Java EE Web Project, it comes with a lot of components that I don't use for such a simple task.

Is there a how to for QuickStarts creation?   Can you help me out?
Just the initial step, I mean, the kind of project that I should create for these Quickstarts, would be already a great help...

Thank you

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]