[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Set up JBPM5.4 Final Installer to use MS SQL Server 2008 using JTDS

Lisa DeSouza do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 28 06:13:35 EST 2013

Lisa DeSouza [https://community.jboss.org/people/lisadesouza89] commented on the document

"Set up JBPM5.4 Final Installer to use MS SQL Server 2008 using JTDS"

To view all comments on this document, visit: https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-47975#comment-11478

Ok, so for now I'm trying your tutorial exactly, using JTDS and MSSQL, neither of which I am very familiar with.I have installed MSSQL 2008 Express successfully and am able to connect to it using the SQL Management Tool. However, when I use the same credentials within this install I get:

     [java] java.sql.SQLException: Network error IOException: Connection refused: connect
     [java]     at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:434)

Do you have any ideas for me?