[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: How are people using JBPM5?

Michael Harper do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 29 09:49:14 EST 2013

Michael Harper [https://community.jboss.org/people/michael.harper] created the discussion

"Re: How are people using JBPM5?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794915#794915

Hi Vladimir

We have decided to diagram the process in BPMN2.0 notation but at this stage we proceed with a JBPM implementation.

The reasons are;

a) This is a project on behalf of clients for a government project and we feel there is an unaceptable level of risk mainly in the support and documentation areas.
b) We can implement the project using traditional approaches and the JEE stack, and given the risk, we would need a bigger advantage through the use of JBPM, to encourage us to go though the pain of setting it up in it's current state.

Like I said we are documenting with a view to one day being in a position to use JBPM so I'm not knocking the project. In a less risky project we might be tempted to throw caution to the wind.