[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JTA Problem with multiple sessions

vchmakov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 31 16:17:11 EST 2013

vchmakov [https://community.jboss.org/people/vchmakov] created the discussion

"Re: JTA Problem with multiple sessions"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/795511#795511

Hi Maciej,

Please consider the following scenario. There are two sessions in an environment to execute requests in parallel – S1 and S2. Task Service is local – which is important for this discussion.
1. ) User A (UA) requesting to start a process which produces a Human Task. Thread 1 (T1) jumping up, picking up S1, executing the workflow and producing a Human Task (HT1).
2. ) User B (UB) requesting to execute something. Thread 1 (T1) jumping up, picking up S1 and starting doing something.
3. ) At the same time user C (UC) completing the HT1. T2 jumping up and seeing that HT1 belongs to S1. OK, the handler is picking up S1, executing the completeTask() command and resuming the workflow on S1. Here comes the conflict, because S1 is busy doing things on T1.

According to your description above it seems like there is no workaround, because if we’d set OwingSession to FALSE both S1 and S2 would receive notification. Correct? If this is correct then what session would be used for completing task in this case? I believe regardless of the answer the conflict is inevitable. Correct?

Thanks,

Vladimir