[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Migration from Oracle Weblogic to JBoss Application Server

Manoj Paul do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 8 11:38:10 EDT 2013

Manoj Paul [https://community.jboss.org/people/manpaul] created the discussion

"Migration from Oracle Weblogic to JBoss Application Server"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/826919#826919

Hi experts,

Could someone please suggests/advice me on the challenges involve in migrating from Weblogic11 application server to JBoss7 application Server?
The technologies involve in the project are:
*JDK1.6
*JMS
*EJB 3
*JRules
*Sybase 12 DB and SQL Server 2005 DB

One challenge I know is that we will need to convert the WebLogic EJB application to a JBoss EJB application, which involves changing the DDs. A WebLogic entity EJB application consists of the EJB DDs (ejb-jar.xml, weblogic-ejb-jar.xml, and weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml), and all the ejb-related java classes.
The entity EJB deployment descriptors for the project are ejb-jar.xml, weblogic-ejb-jar.xml, and weblogic-cmp-rdbms-jar.xml. We will need to change all the instances (as in weblogic) into the corresponding deployment descriptors for JBoss(ejb-jar.xml, jboss.xml, and jbosscmp-jdbc.xml).

Really appreciate a lots if someone can come up with valuable advices.

Many Thanks

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]