[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: hibernate IDE tools - jpa-ql auto-complete broken when formatted

Denis Golovin do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 9 20:05:54 EDT 2013

Denis Golovin [https://community.jboss.org/people/dgolovin] created the discussion

"Re: hibernate IDE tools - jpa-ql auto-complete broken when formatted"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/827200#827200

I guess it doesn't work because content assist processor is not supporting strings with concatenation, it just does parsing fbetween '\"' and tries to suggest list of proposals. As an option (not sure if that is possible) I would try to configure formatter to do not break long strings.

Feel free open JIRA issue as Bug or Feature request in JBossTools JIRA  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE here. It could be possible to detect simple string concatenation like this and provide content assist for simple cases like "string" + "string". It is not supposed to work for something more complicated than that i.e. "string" + var + "string".

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]