[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain NullPointerException

Guillermo L do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 10 13:48:46 EDT 2013

Guillermo L [https://community.jboss.org/people/gmlopezdev] created the discussion

"Re: org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain NullPointerException"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/827380#827380

Well, actually this was (as usual  :p )  a bug between the chair and the keyboard  :D .

As I initially posted, it appeared to be a problem within the client since I don't get this exception when I call it using another tool.

When I first coded the java client I coded the service instantiation as the following:

    Service service = MyService_Service.create(new URL(" http://localhost:8080/myApp/soap/MyService http://localhost:8080/myApp/soap/MyService"), new QName(" http://myws.com/ http://myws.com/", "MyService"));

This causes the java client to get the the wsdl at  http://localhost:8080/myApp/soap/MyService http://localhost:8080/myApp/soap/MyService which it is not the right location (?wsdl is missing). Since it fails, it then tries  http://localhost:8080/myApp/soap/MyService?wsdl http://localhost:8080/myApp/soap/MyService?wsdl and succeeds as expected however we can see the previous error log on the server.

So when you code the client, pass the right and expected parameters as they´re specified. The "create" signature clearly states "wsdlDocumentLocation" so I should just have placed the right wsdl location when instantiating the service by using the wsdl parameter:

    Service service = MyService_Service.create(new URL(" http://localhost:8080/myApp/soap/MyService http://localhost:8080/myApp/soap/MyService*?wsdl*"), new QName(" http://myws.com/ http://myws.com/", "MyService"));

Hope this helps other guys out there!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]