[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM 5.4 - send signal event to reusable subprocess

Zeca9 ... do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 12 06:58:28 EDT 2013

Zeca9 ... [https://community.jboss.org/people/zeca9] created the discussion

"JBPM 5.4 - send signal event to reusable subprocess"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/827714#827714

Hi,

I've a main process with a reusable subprocess:
 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-827714-21131/Teste.png  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-827714-21131/450-236/Teste.png
The reusable subprocess calls a process that has a catch signal event.
 https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-827714-21132/TesteSub.png  https://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-827714-21132/450-126/TesteSub.png
When I launch the Main, I save the process instance id (idMain) in my own DB. But I don´t know anything about the id of the subprocess. That's the problem.

Because I'm using the same session to start all the main process, when I want to signal the event whitin the subprocess for one single instance, i can't just do:
+ksession.signalEvent(event, params);+
because that will trigger all the instances and not just one.

I tried to pass the id of the main (parent process) using the command:
+ksession.signalEvent(event, params, idMain);+
but nothings happens.

I also found that this works
+ksession.signalEvent(event, params, idSubprocess);+
but like I said, I don't have the idSubprocess.

Another way i tried was trying to transform the signalRef attribute unique using a variable (id_main) in the invocation of the subprocess, that will be used in the parameter signalRef=event.#{id_main}. Didn't work beacuse the value wasn't replaced.

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Is any way to get the idSubProcess knowing only the IdMain?

Or is a way to use a script task before the signal event just to update the signalEvent parameter?

Thanks