[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: A question on the external event using event Correlation

Mariam Hakobyan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 18 06:20:23 EDT 2013

Mariam Hakobyan [https://community.jboss.org/people/mariamhakobyan] created the discussion

"Re: A question on the external event using event Correlation"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/828576#828576

Hi community members,

I am also facing the same problem regarding the correlation key from parent process to sub-process. I have a parent process, which is using a standalone sub-process with its own process-id. The question is how to signal an event which is located in sub-process from outside?

If we use
*ksession.signalEvent(eventType, eventData);   *  // without the top-level restoredProcessInstanceId.

how process engine knows which sub-process instance to notify? I see byungwoojun provides a custom solution, storing the event type and process/sub-process instance ids in EventTypes table.
I would like to know if jBPM 6.0.0 version supports this use-case, so we do not have to do it manually?

Thanks in advance,
Mariam