[jboss-user] [jBPM] - can we implement custom statuses in jBPM 5.4 like approved at 1st level

Rajesh P do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 25 15:16:57 EDT 2013

Rajesh P [https://community.jboss.org/people/javalearner] created the discussion

"can we implement custom statuses in jBPM 5.4 like approved at 1st level"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/829838#829838

Hi,
I am trying to lear jBPM from last 3 months. Still I feel I am new bie to it.

I am using jBPM 5.4 with spring 3.0 MVC and Hibernate 3.0. I followed the configuration mentioned in the below source code link.
 https://github.com/mswiderski/jbpm-examples/tree/master/jbpm-spring-web https://github.com/mswiderski/jbpm-examples/tree/master/jbpm-spring-web

I have few queries in the implementation what I did till now.
1) Can we have only one ksession for entire application?
     It is in the memory till application server/web server stops. Since ksession is having references to all the process in the kbase does it take more memory?Please correct me if my understand is wrong.
2) Can we implement custom statuses in jBPM?
     Lets have a workflow process has 2 level of approval. After 1st level approval, can we store the status as 1st level approved in jBPM.
 is it possible? Correct if I am wrong. Like this can we implement or store custom statuses?.

Thanks in Advance..
Rajesh.