[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Unknown popup with username password prompt driving me nuts

Tanya Ruttenberg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 4 07:20:49 EDT 2013

Tanya Ruttenberg [https://community.jboss.org/people/daxxy] created the discussion

"Re: Unknown popup with username password prompt driving me nuts"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821226#821226

Our environment permits very restricted access to the internet and, of course, we must use a proxy -- only the host in the pop-up is not it.  If it were prompting me for access to the proxy I would have recognized it right away as the hostname is easily identifiable as the proxy.  To add to the complication, the proxy only works with IE -- in other words the firewall only permits access to the internet via the proxy AND IE.  Eclipse may NOT access the internet, even through the proxy.  Makes installing a software and updates a pain.

I do think it's somehow related to version control as the host mentioned in the pop-up used to be our SVN repository.   Since you mention opening the EGit perspective causes EGit's proxy plugin to override the default proxy plugin, I wonder if opening the SVN perspective once prompted an analogous action triggering the start of this pop-up?  I would not have fiddled with the git preferences since we don't use it.  Whether the EGit plugin is installed I don't know (did it come with jboss tools perhaps?).  The SVN preferences do not contain a reference to this host, at least I couldn't find one, but it must be related.

I just realized subclipse isn't installed -- doesn't it come with JBDS 7? (that's what I'm upt o now and it's working quite well!)

Thanks for all the info.  I'll have to install subclipse at some point and we'll see what happens then...

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]