[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM designer present and future

Guillermo L do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 7 14:08:40 EDT 2013

Guillermo L [https://community.jboss.org/people/gmlopezdev] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM designer present and future"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/822045#822045

I cannot remember right now, but I'd say that happened by dropping lanes into it. Beside this error, I faced so many others and I've spent more time struggling with errors than designing the process. I've deployed drools-guvnor and designer trying to work with both. One other problem I've faced, is with an image that cannot be found when you save the process (into guvnor) and you cannot save it till you upload whatever image to make it happy... Also, it frequently hangs while resizing lanes loosing part of the work...

I'll try the eclipse plugin you mentioned. I'd love having more answers about the present and future of jBPM designers/modelers from the project leads because as I previously stated, I believe the engine will have no future without them. Having and idea about the future work may give us more certainty about it to take the go/no go decission when planning to use these tools. We can actually see a lot of work and efforts invested but I cannot see a clear future :-(