[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Can @DataSourceDefinition be started earlier in WF8? Install phase is too late...

Scott Marlow do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jun 12 09:36:08 EDT 2013

Scott Marlow [https://community.jboss.org/people/smarlow] created the discussion

"Can @DataSourceDefinition be started earlier in WF8?  Install phase is too late..."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/822770#822770

Does IJ need to use the application classloader to load classes when starting a DataSourceDefinition?  If we only need to scan classes via jandex, there might not be any reason why we couldn't start the datasource during the Phase.FIRST_MODULE_USE (so that JPA persistence unit services can depend on @DataSourceDefinitions).

>From this post, I would like an answer as to whether DataSourceDefinitions can be started during the FIRST_MODULE_USE phase.  So, we can design appropriately.

Thanks,
Scott

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]