[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Looking for a concept for dynamic datasources with CMT

Oliver Pfau do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 14 07:41:41 EDT 2013

Oliver Pfau [https://community.jboss.org/people/olpf] created the discussion

"Looking for a concept for dynamic datasources with CMT"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/823193#823193

Hi,

when a method of my EJB is invoked I get the information to which database to connect by passing the datasource name (not the name exactly). Therefore I cannot define all datasources in persistence.xml fixed. I instantiate the EntityManagerFactory and EntityManager by myself and this I think hinders the usage of JTA, CMT with JBoss. The transaction cannot be joined by hibernate. Is there a concept existing to handle this "datasource by EJB invokation" approach?
It runs if I do it without JTA, CMT and with RESOURCE_LOCAL and BMT. Maybe I can tell JBoss which EntityManagerFactory to use?

Cheers
Oliver

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]