[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: The install instructions are not correct in the zip download

Troy Longo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 20 13:50:58 EDT 2013

Troy Longo [https://community.jboss.org/people/tclongo] created the discussion

"Re: The install instructions are not correct in the zip download"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824165#824165

Thanks for your response. The problem is that I already have jboss and eclipse installed. The install.demo target would reinstall jboss and eclipse on my machine. Hence the reason for me trying to "manually install the individual components". However it seems that the ant target I mentioned above has been replaced by this one "install.jBPM.runtime". I executed this target instead and so far it looks like everything is working properly. My only concern was that I received the following error during startup of the human task. I am not sure if it is a result of the afore mentioned missing target.

start.human.task:
    [javac] C:\Users\tclongo\Tools\jbpm-5.4.0.Final\jbpm-installer\build.xml:867: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set
repeatable builds
     [java] 0    20/06 13:22:45,785[main] ERROR task.identity.DefaultUserGroupCallbackImpl.<init>  - Error when loading group information for callback from location:
s.properties
     [java] java.io.FileNotFoundException: null\roles.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
     [java]     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
     [java]     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
     [java]     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:97)
     [java]     at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:90)
     [java]     at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:188)
     [java]     at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1035)
     [java]     at org.jbpm.task.identity.DefaultUserGroupCallbackImpl.<init>(DefaultUserGroupCallbackImpl.java:55)
     [java]     at org.jbpm.task.identity.DefaultUserGroupCallbackImpl.<init>(DefaultUserGroupCallbackImpl.java:40)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:372)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:325)
     [java]     at org.jbpm.task.identity.UserGroupCallbackManager.setCallbackFromProperties(UserGroupCallbackManager.java:69)
     [java]     at org.jbpm.DemoTaskService.main(Unknown Source)
     [java] Task service registered usergroup callback ...
     [java] Task service started correctly!
     [java] Task service running ...