[jboss-user] [jBPM] - [JBPM eclipse plugin 5.5] Edit part to BPMN2 model element ? (And read-only viewer)

Olivier Mélois do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 24 11:51:17 EDT 2013

Olivier Mélois [https://community.jboss.org/people/omelois] created the discussion

"[JBPM eclipse plugin 5.5] Edit part to BPMN2 model element ? (And read-only viewer)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824588#824588

Hello everyone

I'd like to create a popup menu for the jBPM editor. My handler requires to have access to the BPMN2 element. (I'm editing an org.eclipse.bpmn2 model with the jbpm editor). How can I (easily) go from the edit part of a jbpm node to the BPMN2 model element representing the same thing ? (I'm really familiar with eObjects and not being able to navigate from the edit part to the eObject would be a dealbreaker for me).

Second thing : I'm gonna have to develop a read-only viewer of a BPMN2 model (using the code of the JBPM editor). Before I dive deep in the code, has anybody done this ?

Thanks for your answers  :)

(PS : would it be better if I switched to 6.0 ?)