[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jBPM timers and persistance

Amin Mohammed-Coleman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Mar 16 05:53:50 EDT 2013

Amin Mohammed-Coleman [https://community.jboss.org/people/amin-mc] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM timers and persistance"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/803078#803078

I find the way timers have been implemented in jBPM 5 very confusing.  It seems as though you need to have a statefulknowledgession active in order to have timers fire.  Why?  Why isn't the implementation of timers and the session kept seperate?  Why can't you have a component that registers the process with the timer node and that component create a session and fires the timer?  Other workflow engines have this sort implementation.  This has been a major issue with implementing jBPM 5.

I don't seem to find any sensible answer to this problem and I expect I won't actually get one.

Rant over.