[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: how to dynamically change URL where client is connecting

Jim Richy do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri May 10 12:25:08 EDT 2013

Jim Richy [https://community.jboss.org/people/piwaf] created the discussion

"Re: how to dynamically change URL where client is connecting"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/817178#817178

This does exactly what I need, Stub created against a Dev URL but in Production want to call production url based on url in a config setup.  But is there not a more straight forward way to do this?  It just seems like such a basic need that I'm confused on why it appears the only way to change it is a "back door".

I have tried using the wsdlLocation parameter of the generated Service Constructor, aka the Service.create call, and that seems to affect where it gets the WSDL from for validation, but it doesn't seem to affect where the call is actually made.  That call still defaults to the url in the port section of the original wsdl used to generate the client stub.

Am I doing something wring or is this just how it is?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]