[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBoss EAP 6 and Oracle AQ

llpd do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed May 22 09:29:42 EDT 2013

llpd [https://community.jboss.org/people/llpd] created the discussion

"JBoss EAP 6 and Oracle AQ"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/818858#818858

We migrating from Weblogic 10 to JBoss EAP 6 and we have Oracle AQ queues we need to be able to listener to on Jboss, at the moment I managed to bind the queue and  connection factory to the JNDI and I'm also able to lookup the name and put the messages into the queue.

The issue comes in when I add the MDB to listen to the queue, nothing happens to the messages.

this is how my MDB looks like:

@MessageDriven (mappedName="jboss.test.queue", name="TestMDB",
                activationConfig= {
                @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destinationType",propertyValue="javax.jms.Queue"),
                @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName="destination", propertyValue="java:/jboss.test.queue")})
public class TestMDB implements MessageListener
{
  @Resource
  private MessageDrivenContext context;

  public void onMessage(Message msg)
  {
    // TODO Auto-generated method stub
    TextMessage textMessage = (TextMessage)msg;
    System.out.println("****MDB***: Got the message " + textMessage);
  }

  public void ejbRemove() throws EJBException
  {
    // TODO Auto-generated method stub

  }

}

And when I start the server i can see the following message on the console:

15:06:48,977 INFO  [org.jboss.as.ejb3] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBAS014142: Started message driven bean 'TestMDB' with 'hornetq-ra' resource adapter

I need to know what need to be done to be able to consume messages.

Regards

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]