[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: JEE + jBPM + threads

Maciej Swiderski do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon May 27 06:00:02 EDT 2013

Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: JEE + jBPM + threads"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/819618#819618

> Sergey Sazonov wrote:
>
> Thanks. Could you please explain the timers activation algorithm after loading a session from a safe state? Do they fire in the main thread?
it will execute by dedicated thread - as descirbed above, timer service will have it's own thread pool with size 1, so that thread will be used to fire the overdue timer. If there are more than one then they will be executed in sequence since there is single thread in the pool.

> Sergey Sazonov wrote:
>
> Just found that if I have a boundary timer event in an embedded subprocess it doesn't fire when I load a session (after disposing) and its period is exceeded. Is it a bug or I have to manually send some event to my session like "timerTriggered"?
you might run into this  https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-4015 bug, there should not be any other work needed from application side to trigger timers.

HTH