[jbosscache-dev] JBCACHE-315

Vladimir Blagojevic vladimir.blagojevic at jboss.com
Wed Dec 6 13:47:13 EST 2006

Hey guys,

It is becoming more and more obvious to me that porting JBCACHE-315
solution to 1.4 branch is not going to be an easy task. Let me
elaborate. Requirements for JBCACHE-315 as far as JGroups goes are all
in place. However, only HEAD branch of JBC has all other prerequisites
that allow direct implementation of JBCACHE-315 in a reasonable time
frame for our release dates. JBC 1.4 branch is a different story. 1.4
branch does not have partial state transfer implemented on top native
JGroups partial state mechanism - it uses RPC based mechanism with
additional support framework (activation queues etc).

If we really have to have JBCACHE-315 in 1.4.1 GA in time we have to add
some additional resource to help me out. For example, we can have Brian
assist me on JBCACHE-315 while I port partial state transfer from HEAD
to 1.4 branch. Brian is overflowed with work already. Having JBCACHE-315
in 1.4 branch would require configuration stack change to include FLUSH.
We have to do testing for that as well as regressions testing for
replacement of old partial state transfer. A bit risky so close to
release.

Do you have some ideas how we can squeeze JBCACHE-315 in 1.4.1 or should
we include it only in HEAD?

Vladimir