[jbosscache-dev] Issue with FileCacheLoader with EJB3 SFSB Cache

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Apr 3 22:56:13 EDT 2007

The stress testing Philip Thurmond's been doing on ejb3 clustering has
surfaced an issue with FileCacheLoader (see
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/EJBTHREE-937).  Basically we're
hitting file system limits on the number of directories.

I can fix the issue by making a simple change to the structure of cached
data.  There would be a performance hit from that (probably not large).
But, since we recommend not using FileCacheLoader anyway, I was planning
to work on getting away from FileCacheLoader anyway for AS 5; this issue
tempts me to do it now.

What do people think about using JdbmCacheLoader instead of
FileCacheLoader?  It's been part of JBC for nearly a year now, and I'm
not aware of any problems with it. Elias, I'd particularly like your
opinion on this, as you obviously know the most about JdbmCacheLoader
and probably know the most about JDBM.

QE's doing intensive stress testing of 4.2, so if we switch
JdbmCacheLoader will be put through its paces.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
brian.stansberry at redhat.com