[jbosscache-dev] PojoCache annotations and marker interfaces

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at jboss.com
Fri Feb 2 16:13:51 EST 2007

Kabir Khan wrote:
> At the AOP-level, the flavour of JBoss AOP deployed
> determines if we look for annotationc'ed interfaces (jdk
> 1.4), or real annotations (jdk 5), so there is not a lot that
> can be done in this regard at present...

I'm not sure I follow. In the 4.2 testsuite I had a jboss-aop.xml that
included prepare expressions and SubjectImpl mixin introductions with
pointcuts for both @org.jboss.cache.aop.AopMarker (the marker interface)
and @org.jboss.cache.aop.annotation.PojoCacheable annotations.
Different test classes used each approach. For the classes that used the
marker interfaces, I first used annotationc. Then aopc was run against
all the classes.

This all worked fine until I found that the AS build had both flavors of
jboss-cache.jar on the classpath. When I fixed that, then annotationc
failed because the marker interfaces weren't on the classpath anymore.
But when all the classes were there, it all worked fine.

> If you have some suggestions for aopc, please send them my
> way :-) I've been thinking of tidying it up before we get AOP
> 2.0.0.GA out

Sure; will do. Sorry for the rant. The missing classes thing pissed me
off and aopc got some spillover venom.

- Brian