[jbosscache-users] Issue with JBC on Tomcat 5.5

Mamta, Jain Jain.Mamta at in.standardchartered.com
Tue Nov 13 05:30:08 EST 2007

Hi Manik,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, the tomcat clustering is enabled and works fine. Does tomcat also
use JGroups ?

The tomcat's clustering is on say 228.8.8.8 and port 4554. What I have
done is, configured replSync-service.xml that comes with JBossCache and
pointed the UDP/mcastaddr  to the same addr and port as in Tomcat. Is
there something wrong here ? What I have udnerstood from the documetns
of JBossCAche is that, it leverages on JGroups which is capable of
discovering an existing multicast group, in that case is'nt this
configuration enough ? If the answer is no then what is the role of
replSync-service.xml ? Is there a separate xml that is to be configured
for automatic discovery ? Or the mping.xml found in jgroups.jar has to
be modified ?

Have not found any information on configuring for automatic discovery in
the JBoss user guide.

Best Regards,
Jigyaasa_Jbosscache