[jbosstools-cat] Introductions

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Mon Jun 30 17:07:01 EDT 2014

Heya,

It's been a week since I posted the announcement about JBoss Tools CAT
at
http://tools.jboss.org/blog/2014-06-24-introducing-jbosstools-cat.html
and I can see we already got a handful of people signing up - over the
next weeks/months I hope there will be more coming in to join the fun.

I wanted to give you a very warm welcome and I was hoping each of you
might wanted to introduce yourself.

I can start with myself to kick things of:

I'm Max Rydahl Andersen, the technical lead of JBoss Tools and Developer
Studio.

If you want to see how I look Arun Gupta actually just recorded a video
of me remotely while I was
in US last week:
http://blog.arungupta.me/2014/06/jboss-tools-community-acceptance-testing-jboss-tools-cat/

I've worked at Red Hat for close to 10 years now on various tech in
JBoss middleware and their related tools.

I primarily work with Eclipse for my java projects and use Emacs for
one-off edits, but I do play and use
other IDE's for various languages and platforms to compare with what is
out there.

My current main personal interest in the tools are related around HTML5,
Javascript, Forge, JBoss Central, CDI and Hibernate,
but I of course also try out all the other tools in context of my job -
but those are the ones I tend to also use
outside my work with tools.

My reason to help get JBoss Tools CAT of the ground is that I know we
have many users, but we rarely hear back concrete
input unless something is *really* blocking them for progress. With
JBoss Tools CAT I hope to be able to get more broad
feedback and give all interested users a place to speak up and reach out
to the JBoss Tools team more directly.

That was a lot about me, now back to you ? You can keep it short - just
name and what feature in the tools you like the best
(and maybe which you hate the most ?).

Thanks,
/max
http://about.me/maxandersen