[jbosstools-cat] Requiring Java 8 - is that a problem or not ?

Max Rydahl Andersen manderse at redhat.com
Tue May 26 08:54:18 EDT 2015

On 23 May 2015, at 4:21, Jim Tyrrell wrote:

> What do your stats say?

Current stats *today* on latest JBoss Tools usage. About 50/50.

This is way more than we had when looking at moving to Java 7 from Java
6
and rejected it.

Java 8 seem to be heading towards being most used Java version very
soon.

> Moving to JDK 8 in the context of enterprise customers feels a little
> leading edge.

Even for desktop java versions ?

Remember this is not changing their ability to run Java 7 or older based
apps.

/max