[jbosside-dev] SoapUI/JBossWS finally working.. and 1.5 source discussion

Marshall Culpepper marshall.culpepper at jboss.com
Fri Aug 4 13:00:54 EDT 2006

On 8/4/06, Max Rydahl Andersen <max.andersen at jboss.com> wrote:

> eh, no - we already have one jdk 1.5 plugin ;)
>
> it is called org.hibernate.eclipse.jdt.apt.ui and is distributed with
> everything,
> but simply has a matching execution environment in manifest.

Spiffy -- this is the same way the eviware plugins are working, so this
should be fine I guess.

May I ask why this plugin is depedent on jdk 1.5 ? Does JBossWS require
> 1.5 ?

JBossWS does require 1.5 I believe, but more than that the entire SoapUI
core (which they are reusing in their plugins) is 1.5...

On a side note: Depending on WTP 2.0 for now will be deadly ;(
> They don't have any release planned for a year now.
> Users will go crazy about yet another dependency hell.

I wasn't suggesting we move WTP 2.0 right away, just suggesting that "when
we do" (sounds like a year from now?) 1.5 compatibility would be something
we were forced into.

--
Marshall Culpepper
marshall.culpepper at jboss.com